Slowing Down the Aging Process
We get older with every breath we take. And with age come some inevitable facts like; Your hair gets grayer and thinner. Your metabolism will slow down. Your reflexes will lose some sharpness. Body parts will show signs of wear and tear. Aging is inevitable, but there are lots of things we can do to slow down the aging process.
Many researchers have done a lot of experimenting to find new ways how to slow down the aging process.
I find that the most important thing, for us to do is to be consistent in implementing healthy lifestyles and eating habits.
Here are a few easy steps to help you look and feel younger:
1. Detox – It’s important to start with detoxification, getting rid of toxins from our bodies. We are exposed every day to a lot of chemicals and hazardous materials from the foods we eat, the products we use, the air we breathe, and the environment. You can detox your body just by eating healthy, consuming fruits and vegetables, and drinking herbal teas, and water with lemon.
2. Food – Eating healthy foods every day will make you look younger and feel younger. Try eating foods rich in fiber, plant based protein. Eat more fruits and veggies, seaweed, and beans. Taking natural supplements is also important.
3. Exercise – Exercise is a sure way to get more energy, it improves blood circulation, and strengthens your lungs, heart, and bones which will increase bone density and will make your body look 10 to 20 years younger. It improves your body as a whole. You will feel happier, more energetic, and more confident. Go on a walk, take an aerobic or yoga class, and stretch daily. You can also invest in some free weight and lift at home. If you need a trainer or coaching join a gym. The possibilities are endless.
4. Sleep – Do you get enough sleep? Having enough sleep at least 6-8 hours a day will make skin healthier, and in most cases clear up brain fog. Having enough sleep is also really important because growth hormones are working during sleep. Old cells are renewed, including skin cells. Your skin will look fresh, and younger looking if you get enough sleep.
5. Relaxation – Always take time to relax. Relaxation helps to reduce stress, if you manage your stress you'll look and feel better overall. That "feel good" will show up on the outside.
6. Positivity - Be Positive, a positive mind creates a healthy mind and a healthy body. Negative thoughts often lead to negative behavior. Meditation is one way to make positive thoughts.
In addition, below is a short checklist to take into consideration:
- Don't give up
- Keep sex alive
- Limit sugar intake (sweets and sugary desserts)
- Stay young in mind (age is just a number)
- Stay productive (do something that brings you joy)
- Have a sense of humor
- Accept yourself
- Stay open
- Take chances
- Learn new things (it's never too late to learn something new)
- Don't drink
- Don't smoke
- Begin and end each day with gratitude
Be mindful, and enjoy your life every day!
Please leave a comment, if you find this Article and tips helpful. Thank you!
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Please always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!