Symptoms of dandruff are flaking and scaling of the scalp, often accompanied by itching. Occasionally, a rash or broken skin will appear.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is the flaking and shedding of dead skin from the scalp. Dandruff may be accompanied by an itchy, scaly rash, and seborrheic dermatitis, which can occur on the face, chest, and back, as well. The primary treatment is the use of anti-dandruff shampoo. Physicians also prescribe anti-fungal cream or lotion, if the shampoo does not work.
Dandruff is the body's way of eliminating excess proteins and fats that are accumulating in the system and cannot be assimilated. These proteins and fats prevent the healthful circulation of oils and water in the scalp. Dandruff is also a symptom of liver and kidney imbalances, organs that detoxify the body and eliminate waste from the blood. Highly acidic foods, such as spices and tomatoes, also play a role. Treatment includes a sharp reduction in aminal foods.
- Reduce or eliminate animal proteins until the condition subsides.
- Increase exercise to promote better circulation and elimination of fats and oils.
- A diet composed primarily of whole grains, fresh vegetables, beans, and fruits.
- Most vegetables should be cooked, though raw vegetables can be eaten regularly, but in smaller amounts than those that are cooked.
- Low-fat animal products, such as white fish.
- Fruits-berries, apples, pears; avoid citrus until dandruff clears.
- Raw vegetable juices.
- Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Foods are rich in saturated fats, especially red meats, eggs, and dairy products.
- Excess salt.
- Ginger Sesame Oil; Rub on the scalp and leave it overnight, shower off in the morning. Repeat two to three times a week. To make this mixture, use equal amounts of sesame oil and fresh ginger juice. To extract ginger juice, grate the ginger and express the juice by squeezing it through a cheesecloth. Rubbing sage on the affected area also helps, as well as drinking sage tea.
- Beta carotene;16mg per day
- Zinc;15mg per day
- Calcium;500mg per day
- Walking, jogging, bike riding, aerobic, yoga regularly...