Curry String Beans and Sweet Potatoes
Flavorful curry string beans and sweet potatoes. This simple dish is very easy to make, it goes well with Jasmine rice, Basmati rice, Sada roti or Naan.
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil Organic
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 12 large Onion
- 2 bundles String Beans or 1.5 lbs of frozen.
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Marsala
- 2 dash Crushed Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 whole Habanero Pepper (for flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 small piece Ginger (chopped up)
Clean/wash string beans and cut into 2 inch pieces (you can also us frozen which is already cut). Peel sweet potato and cut into chunks.
In a medium saucepan heat the coconut oil on medium heat and add the garlic, onions, marsala, salt, curry powder, whole habanero, ginger and cook for a minute. Then add sweet potatoes stir to get all the seasoning coated on the potatoes, add 1 cup of water and let simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add string bean, turmeric, black pepper, coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper (optional). Stir, and add 1 cup of coconut water, cover and let simmer until potatoes and string beans are tender approx 15 minutes. Add more salt to taste if needed!
Serve with Jasmine or Basmati rice, sada roti or naan. Enjoy!