Healthy Winter SkinCare Tips
Winter can damage your skin. The cool, dry air can leave your skin dry, itchy, inflamed, and irritated. Avoiding the outside is almost impossible, and there is nothing you can do about it. Outside pollution can leave your skin dehydrated and raw, while the heat inside robs skin release moisture. Even the things that make winter amazing, such as as enjoying an evening curled up in front the toasty fireplace, can dry your skin. Taking a hot shower may seems like a good way to warm you body up, but hot water drains your skin of natural oil and dries it out even more.
There are many easy ways to combat the causes of dry winter skin to help your skin feel moist and supple throughout the seasons, including a few simple changes to your daily routine. For example, after taking a warm shower, dry the skin and apply a heavier dense moisturizer such as a body butter, within a few minutes after bathing, to seal the skin on water. Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when it comes to effective winter skincare, so that you can look better throughout the winter.
To help you fight winter dryness, and maintain the skin natural moisture;
Here are Top 7 tips for healthy winter skin:
- Humidifier to minimize moisture ~ Using a humidifier in your home or office will add moisture to the dry cold air and help keep your skin hydrated. Run a humidifier in the rooms that spend the most time in your home.
- Limited shower time and temperature ~ It may be best to take a long, steamy shower, but your skin will be better served with a light shower for (5 to 10) minutes. You should also avoid using excessive hot water when washing hands – if water causes your skin to become red, it is very hot. According to researchers washing your hands with cold water is just as effective at removing germs from hot water and less irritating to the skin.
- Regular soap bar ~ Wrong soaps can dry and irritate your skin. For example soap bars can have irritating ingredients and aroma. Instead, wash with perfume free moisturizing cleanser or gel. And epically look for products labeled as “fragment free” because “non-preferred” products may actually contain fragrance. You can also have winter skin problems by using less soap overall.
- Modify your skin care regimen for Winter ~ In the winter months, used cream-based cleansers and toners. Many of them contains alcohol, which can further dry your skin. When your skin is dry and itchy, then stop using products that contain alcohol and aroma that help the skin retain natural oils. At night, use as much moisturizer on your face as possible.
- Moisturize your hands ~ Maintain healthy skin through moisture after washing. It’s best to use cream or ointment in the winter. Lotions are better in warm, humid climates. And don’t forget your hands. During the cold season. Applying hand cream after every wash can help. Also wearing waterproof gloves when washing or cleaning utensils around the house.
- Lower the thermostats to avoid dryness ~ Try to set the thermostat in a cool and comfortable setting to maintain healthy skin.68~f to 72~f.
- Eat right and stay hydrated ~ When skin is too dry, it can be helped with foods or supplements that contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are important to help the skin moisture out.
- Drink lots of water ~ Lack of hydration can cause skin to age dry out and wrinkle prematurely. Remember, we are made up of mostly water, so it's important to replenish.
If you've been using the same moisturizer you did during the Summer, it's time to switch to a thicker moisturizing face cream. Adding Vitamins such as A, B and C target dry dull skin, and add moisture and clarity to damage skin. Here are some additional suggestions:
Premium Vitamin C with Organic Hemp Seed Oil SUPPORT SKIN HEALTH; This premium formula is Fortify with Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Vitamin C 20%, Vitamin E & B5, and Super Omega 3, 6 & 9. Our Premium Vitamin C Serum can help slow down signs of aging, reduce wrinkles, dark spots, and pore size. Increase collagen production, tightens & tone. Smooth and brighten the skin for a healthy natural glow all Winter long.
Probiotic Skin Cream MOISTURIZES; Contains easily-absorbed extracts like Gogi and carrot root to both infuse and retain moisture. These ingredients deeply permeate the skin's layers and work from the inside out. Additionally, Gogi extract helps improve the skin’s tone and restores natural complexion. The result? It completely hydrates dry and even mature skin giving you a smoother and more youthful look. Perfect for your face and neck.
Placental Night Cream iS AN ULTRA-EMOLLIENT
Our cream contains ultra-emollient moisturizing agents. This allows it to deeply permeate the skin's layers and work from the inside out. The result? It completely hydrates dry and even mature skin giving you a smoother and more youthful look. It is perfect for your eyes, face, and neck.
Turbo Intense Beauty Cream PROTECTS YOUR SKIN AND FIGHTS AGING
Rosehip, sunflower, castor and palm oil combined with aloe vera juice makes this ultra-moisturizing. These easily-absorbed ingredients deeply permeate the skin's layers and work from the inside out. The result? It completely hydrates dry and even mature skin giving you a smoother and more youthful look.