Save to BigOven
Homemade Oven Bake Recipe serves up well with vegetable stews, curries, gravies. Bake instead of Bread? My choice is Bake...Very easy to make and is worth the effort.
1 hour, 5 minutes
I recommend serving it hot out the oven, with gravies, butter, plant-based cheese, curries, sandwich, or whatever you wish. It goes well with basics, and can be used instead of regular bread.
- 2 cup All-purpose Flour + additional flour for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon plant-based butter
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of filtered water + additional if needed
- Add all ingredients except for water, in a bowl, and stir so that everything is well blended, including the plant-based butter. After everything is blended, slowly add the water while stirring. I find that the best way to do this is with a fork, this way won't over kneed the flour. Continue to use the fork and stir while adding the water until the flour is firm but soft.
- Let the flour rest for approximately 15 minutes, and kneed the flour again, this time using you hands instead of the fork. If it's a little tacky, add some dusting flour so that it becomes a little firm and does not stick on your hands while kneading. Let the flour rest again, for another 5 minutes.
- While the flour is resting, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and set the timer for 45 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, roll out the flour using a rolling pin or just using your hands to create a round flatbread. Put on a flat surface. The oven should be preheated and ready. Cook for 45 minutes, and remove promptly from the oven and from the pan.
- Place the freshly made bake in a clean towel, and cut into triangles shapes...