Preparation Time: 5min
PASSIVE Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- For Mango Mastani
2 cups chilled, fresh alphonso mango, diced or you can use tinned mango pulp/slices
- 2 tbsp chilled milk, you can sub it with plant-based milk, but chilled
1 tsp sugar (optional, but recommended)
1 cardamom pod, crushed into powder or use cardamom powder 2 generous pinch
For Garnishing/ Sprinkling
2 tbsp mixed nuts or seeds, finely chopped
2 tbsp sliced mango or dried rose petals
1) Blend all the ingredients under mastani into a smoothie.
2) Divide the Mango Mastani into serving bowls.
3) Chill the bowls into the fridge for 8-10 min.
4) Garnish with the chopped nuts or seeds and serve with fresh cubes of mango slices.
1) I usually prefer less sugar as Alphonso are naturally sweeter than any other variety. But if you are using any other type, please ensure they are fully ripened and adjust the sugar accordingly.
2) If using the tin mango, usually they have sugar. So better to avoid adding any extra sugar unless desired.
3)You can use any milk but preferably use only chilled.
4) Adding dry fruits gives a nutty enhancement to the dessert, but going generously might tamper the exotic taste of mangoes. But it is personal preference again.
5) Keeping the glass bowls before starting can lessen the waiting time.
Recipe by: Hasin at Let's Curry at https://www.letscurry.co.uk/2020/05/mango-mastani.html
*Note This recipe was approved to share on our website.