PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL BARS
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. The perfect on the go breakfast or snack for Fall!
- 3¼ cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Add oats, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until the oats are completely coated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool completely then cut into bars.
Via: Chef Kelly