Are you tired of your dull smile? Longing for white, pearly teeth? People just can’t ignore the charm of whiter and brighter smile. Teeth whitening is one of the biggest growing beautifying processes for that reason. Who doesn’t want to have a mega-bright smile? The hunt for pearly white teeth isn’t a recent trend either. The process involves bleaching the teeth for making them lighter. It’s not a magical process for turning the teeth brilliant white. However, it can lighten the existing color by several magnitudes.
What Causes Are Teeth Staining?
There are tons of potential reasons for teeth discoloration or stains. The biggest culprits include foods and drinks, poor dental hygiene, tobacco use, aging, disease, medications, genetics etc.
Foods/Drinks Can Stain Your Teeth?
Yes, there are a number of various foods and drinks that can stain your teeth. If you wish to protect your teeth from becoming dull, it’s time to cut off the staining culprits from your regular diet.
- Dark Coffee/ Teas: Dark colors and acidic properties will lead towards more porous teeth and prone to staining.
- Tobacco: Tobacco is also a major culprit. Over time, it produces stains on teeth. The discoloration can also vary from yellow, brown to green or orange.
- Sauces: Deeply colored sauces like tomato sauce, soy sauce and curry etc. can cause stains in your teeth.
- Soft drinks: Carbonated drinks like cola, soda and others can lead to serious teeth stains. In addition, the flavoring chemicals can also damage your enamel.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is also capable of darkening your teeth. Its natural color and acid content also encourages staining from other foods.
- Citrus fruits: In the case of citrus fruits, they create an acidic environment inside your mouth. It can weaken dental enamel and ultimately, lead everything more prone to staining.
- Sports Drinks: Sports or energy drinks contains various chemicals that can erode your enamel and sets the stage for staining. That’s why drinking water during workouts is a better solution.
- Wine: Red wine, white wine etc. are an acidic drink which is recognized for its dark, rich color, able to discolor teeth.
- Fruits: Blueberries, pomegranates, blackberries, cherries, and pearly fruits such as white cranberries, white grapes as well as other vibrant fruits can stain teeth.
Teeth Whitening Ways
In the market, you can find out a number of effective treatments. However, they’re not exactly easy on the pocket or worth the pain. In the case of teeth whitening, there are plenty of products to choose from. Most of the teeth whitening products include chemicals for bleaching your teeth. It’s a major concern for many people. If you want to avoid the bleaching chemicals but still want to enjoy whiter teeth, here are some of the easiest and safe options that are both natural and harmless.
- Baking Soda – Mix a little amount of baking soda with water. Pour the mix over your toothbrush before starting to brush. You can also directly apply the mix to your teeth with your finger. Wait for about a couple of minutes before washing. Baking soda can work wonders for your teeth. However, it’s also capable of eroding your enamel, so make sure to use it carefully.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Rub your teeth with a bit of apple cider vinegar and rinse off thoroughly. Repeat the steps for a few days to get back your sparkling white smile. Doing this regularly may also help you to a great extent in getting back your pearly white teeth. Just give it a try!
- Fruit Peel – Take a banana peel and rub your teeth with the inside of the peel. Lemon or orange peel also works. The peel is rich in manganese, magnesium, and potassium. These elements greatly recharge the enamel. After rubbing, brush your teeth a few minutes afterward. Use the peel therapy for about twice a week.
Whitening with fruit: Papain and bromelain – these are naturally occurring enzymes in papayas, pineapples, and strawberries. These fruits can also help you up to a great extent.
- Oil pulling – Oil pulling refers to the procedure of washing your mouth with oil for removing dirt, debris, and bacteria. In order to try this method, rinse your mouth with oil after a couple minutes of brushing, then spit it out. In the case of oil, you can use coconut, sesame or sunflower oil.
- Basil leaves and mustard oil: Gather a few dried basil leaves and crush them together. This will create a form of a mildly abrasive powder. Then, add mustard oil to the mix. This recipe is an effective way for whitening your teeth at home.
- Turmeric powder: Turmeric is celebrated as one of the major spices and herbal medicines for centuries. It’s anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and contains useful antioxidants. That’s why it’s an effective solution for common dental issues like gum disease. Simply rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder over your teeth using your fingers. Then, brush with a clean toothbrush and rinse.
The Bottom Line
In extreme situations when your teeth have turned as yellow as the sun, professional whitening treatments might be your best choice. Those who are looking for a way for brightening up their smile and get rid of stains, the aforementioned remedies will work like wonders.
Feel free to share your experience down below. Happy white teeth!
To your good health!